ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATOMIC caches consistency - IEP-12
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 20:49:05 GMT
On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Dmitry,
>
> This will not solve the problem:
>
> 1. new primary election may be affinity function dependent

Yes, of course.

> 2. If you want to introduce order in updating backup copies then you lose
> parallelism. This will increase ops latency.

I did not mean waiting till an update is finished. I suggested waiting an
ask for the message is received. In my view, this will significantly reduce
the possibility of out-of-sync  data.

> My suggestion should not affect current performance on stable and on
> unstable topologies.
>
> Btw, I have just got an idea - if we need to rebalance partition to more
> than 1 node then we need to scan it only once. I believe now we do it each
> time from very beginning.

I am not sure what this really means, but you should file a ticket for it
with a proper description.

D.