ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Time and scope for Apache Ignite 2.4
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:11:20 GMT
Igniters,

Basing on the amount of improvements, fixes and features stacked in the master branch I think
it’s a right time to negotiate the scope and time of the next Apache Ignite 2.4 release.
I’m ready to step in as a release manager if none of the committers wants to try on this
role.

Here is a release page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4>

Proposed time date: Jan 5 - code freeze -> stabilization and testing -> Jan 24 - voting
-> Jan 31 release.

In my view improvements such Java 9 support and Java 7 discontinuation, memory metrics in
bytes [1], binary client protocol, etc. needs to get into the release. All the features like
that are labeled “important” in JIRA. Use this label if you are convinced a task has to
be release in 2.4.

What’s about machine learning, bulk loading [2], internals problems resolution [3], metrics
[4] related tasks? What goes in 2.4 and what’s shifted?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6902>
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-1%3A+Bulk+data+loading+performance+improvements
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-1:+Bulk+data+loading+performance+improvements>
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-7%3A+Ignite+internal+problems+detection