ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Scherbakov <alexey.scherbak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fair affinity resurrection with baseline topology
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:49:02 GMT
+1

In fact, after implementing this, we will no longer need rendezvous
affinity.

Why do we need other affinity if we already provided ideal assignment to
user ?

I suggest hiding affinity function from public API and make available
publicly only things like partition count and backup filter, because
implementing correct affinity function is error prone and rarely needed.

It's even be possible to store/calculate single partition map for all
caches if they share same partition count.

--

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov