ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Pavlov <dpavlov....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data compression in Ignite
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:10:52 GMT
Hi Igniters,

What do you think about implementing analogue of Java G1 collector featue
'String deduplication': -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseStringDeduplication

Most of business application has almost all objects of type String. As
result char[] array is often on top of heap usage. To reduce consumption by
duplicates G1 collector in background identifies and deduplicates strings
having equal array into one instance (as String is immutable).
Unfortunately we can’t reuse collector’s feature as Ignite stores data
off-heap.

What if we consider implementing same deduplication feature for Ignite
Durable Memory?

Sincerely,
Dmitry Pavlov