ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Add emergency node closing handler to public Ignite API
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:29:53 GMT
I am not sure this makes sense. First, in general case we do not have
access to Java. E.g. in case of very long GC pause all Java threads are
stuck and it is impossible to invoke anything. Second, some other
conditions may be unrecoverable, such as OOME, where there is no guarantee
that any operation succeed. So this is not graceful shutdown. We should
kill the node forcefully IMO.