ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fair affinity resurrection with baseline topology
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 15:46:55 GMT
Igniters,

After spending some time on baseline topology review, it came to my mind
that we can return stateful affinity functions for persistent caches. Since
now we will have a topology which is persisted to the cluster metastore,
why not save the partition affinity distribution together with it?

If we have this distribution saved, we can use it after cluster restart, so
the scenario which was broken with fair affinity is no longer valid. We
will always have an old partition distribution and we will be able to
consistently restore it after the cluster restart.

As for the old colocation issue, we only need to define a way to 'compare'
affinity functions for equality, then we can simply choose another cache's
distribution.

Do you think this makes sense and worth adding it to Ignite? If so, I will
extends the baseline topology IEP with another phase.

-- AG