ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISUCSS] Ticket filing process
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2017 00:08:24 GMT
> However, if the release version was assigned properly, the
> release manager or component owners would have no choice but to do the
> review.

There is actually an alternative the release managers tend to follow. They simply move all
the unresolved tickets to the next version blindly. This happens around a release day and
I get a dozen of JIRA notifications saying that a ticket assigned to version X was rescheduled
to version Y.

Anyway, we cannot force a single contributor such as the release manager to be responsible
for this. This should be a collaborative process established between Ignite committers.

However, regardless of the chosen process those who are going to asses new tickets have to
look them up first. And here is a rule of “setting a ticket to the latest version” might
be one of the best options.

—
Denis