ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Reworking Ignite site's "Features" menu
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 22:51:49 GMT
Igniters,

Personally, I like the current version of the landing page reworked several months ago. However,
once the user finishes with the landing page and begins exploring Ignite capabilities he/she
will intuitively go to the “Features” menu…which definitely requires meticulous grooming.

The menu section is overwhelmed and confusing. As a technical guy I feel lost not knowing
what’s important and what’s secondary. That deters me from digging into the project.

So, I propose to simplify the menu section adopting it for developers and architects who search
for essentials and major capabilities first. All the “noise" (secondary features, integrations,
add-ons, etc.) should be obliterated and be presented on the docs or secondary pages.

First, let’s rename the menu section from “Features" to “Product”.

Second, let’s introduce the following structure:

What’s Ignite?
Features
Distributed Key-Value
Distributed SQL