ignite-dev mailing list archives

From techbysample <tu...@netmille.com>
Subject Re: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2017 00:02:17 GMT
Dmitriy,

Hello. Unfortunately, I am not sure that I fully understand your comments:

"..Is my understanding correct that GA Grid is a vertical component for
genetic algorithms?  So far Ignite has been a horizontal product without any
vertical functionality. I personally would like to keep it this way.."

Would you please clarify?

I simply view GA Grid as a software component that implements a distributive
Genetic Algorithm (GA).
GA Grid relies on Apache Ignite's major features: advanced clustering,
compute grid, data grid, etc.

Here is a diagram of how GA Grid relates to other components within Ignite:

<http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/file/t375/GAIgniteComps.png>

Based my earlier discussion with Denis M., I assumed GA Grid could be added
to the collection of ML algorithms within ML Grid, since GA's are a type of
'Machine Learning" algorithms.

If it is determined that GA Grid would not fit into Apache Ignite
architecturally, I would consider including
it as separate Apache project.

Denis, would you please add your feedback as well?

Please advise.

Best,
Turik