ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:11:07 GMT
Agree with Alexey.

Properties like *defaultDataRegionSize*, *isDefaultPersistenceEnabled*
can confuse users who don't know that there's such thing as default data
region. They can decide they are inherited by all data regions where
size and persistence flag are not explicitly set.

Let's get rid of these properties and add *defaultRegionConfiguration*
property with explicit configuration of default data region.

Regarding XML configuration, changing size or persistence flag of
default data region will be just two lines longer (for bean description):

>      <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
>          <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
>              <property name="systemCacheInitialSize" value="#{100 *
> 1024 * 1024}"/>
>              <property name="defaultRegionConfiguration">
>                  <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
>                      <property name="maxSize" value="#{5 * 1024
* 102
> * 1024}"/>
>                  </bean>
>              </property>
>          </bean>
>      </property>

In other data regions persistence will be disabled by default.
I've updated draft in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6030
with these changes.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov

On 02.10.2017 18:35, Denis Magda wrote:
>> To resolve this, I suggest to
>> introduce just another field defaultRegionConfiguration and get rid of
>> other defaults in DataStorageConfiguration.
> Won’t it complicate the configuration from a Spring XML file? I’m not an expert in
Spring so how do I get defaultRegionConfiguration bean first to change any parameter?