ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL error codes
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 01:28:59 GMT
Yes, we should document as much as we can here. Created a ticket in advance so that this is
solved before 2.3 release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6687 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6687>

—
Denis

> On Oct 19, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Alexander Paschenko <apaschenko@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> I meant «that “commonization”», sorry.
>
> пт, 20 окт. 2017 г. в 1:49, Alexander Paschenko <apaschenko@gridgain.com <mailto:apaschenko@gridgain.com>>:
> I doubt that codes that are common between ODBC and JDBC really need that “communication”.
Those are different sets of codes documented independently.
> On the other hand, Ignite specific codes thrown when queries are run via Ignite API are
effectively of a third kind. Vladimir, what do you think, should we document those?

> - Alex
>
> пт, 20 окт. 2017 г. в 1:03, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org <mailto:dsetrakyan@apache.org>>:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Alexander Paschenko <apaschenko@gridgain.com <mailto:apaschenko@gridgain.com>>
wrote:
> Dmitriy,
>
> There are Ignite specific codes, they are returned when queries are run via Ignite API.
There are no codes explicitly shared by JDBC and ODBC, although some of them happen to be
the same.

> Thanks, Alex. Now it sounds that we propagate these codes to JDBC and ODBC drivers right?
In that case, we should have Generic Error Codes pages in documentation which lists all the
common error codes, right?