ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite long term support (LTS) version policy?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:39:15 GMT
Hi Dop,

There are no such plans for that at the moment. Probably the community will come to this point
at some time. For now, I can suggest you talk to companies that build enterprise solutions
on top of Ignite. They provide guarantees you’re looking for.

—
Denis

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 4:03 AM, Dop Sun <sunht@dopsun.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m currently developing an application for my employer, and starting beginning of
2017, Ignite started at 1.8, and released 1.9 (Feb), 2.0 (Apr), 2.1 (Jul) and recently 2.2
(Sep), or about 2 - 3 months a version. And I can see good features added to every releases,
together with bug fixes.

> For us, we upgraded from 1.8 and then 2.0, and due to several bugs fixed in 2.1 and 2.2,
we have upgraded to 2.2. And the bug fixes, for example IGNITE-6181, would likely pushing
us to upgrade to 2.3 when its ready before our first production release.

> My question is:
>
> - will there be a kind of long term support (LTS) version? By LTS, I mean there is a
version will be considered stable, and bug fixes of future several releases would likely back
ported for a certain period of time.