ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Mashenkov <andrey.mashen...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Query performance against table with/out backup
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:46:25 GMT
Crossposting to dev.

Igniters,

For now we allow user to change number of backups in configuration between
grid restarts with no error.
An user see new configuration object from code, but see old in visor.

So, if user rise number of backups between grid restarts, it will be able
to start the grid successfully.
Seems, then user see more backups in cacheConfiguration then really Ignite
will have.

I slightly rework our persistence examples to check this case and it looks
to be a true.
I see new configuration on client and on servers, but backups=2 can't
prevent data loss in case of 2 nodes failed.

Steps to reproduce (I waited for awhile at each step for rebalance had been
finished).
1. Start grid with backups=1 and persistence enabled.
2. Fill with data and shutdown a grid.
3. Change config with backup=2.
4. Start grid and wait for awhile.
5. Kill 2 nodes and observe data loss.