ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Adding sqlline tool to Apache Ignite project
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 14:49:26 GMT
Denis,

Setting default host to 127.0.0.1 is bad idea, because it mean that in
practice users would have to change the script always. Instead, we should
accept host name as argument. This is perfectly fine from usability
perspective, most tools work this way (i.e. throw error when started
without arguments).

Also IMO "ignitedb" is misleading name. Users would like think that it is a
kind of script to start database, rather than to connect to it. We should
think on other names. E.g. "ignitesql".

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Sergey Kozlov <skozlov@gridgain.com> wrote:

> Denis
>
> The link below has included sqlline. Please take a look:
> https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=875441&
> buildTypeId=IgniteRelease_XxxFromMirrorIgniteRelease3Pre
> pareVote&tab=artifacts#!1rrb2,-wpvx2aopzexz
>
> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Here is the original ticket [1]. Ilya, closed the one created by you as a
> > duplicate.
> >
> > In addition to the tool’s jar inclusion in Ignite’s binary releases let’s
> > create a shell script to simplify the connectivity phase:
> >
> >    - name the script as ignitedb.sh for Unix and ignitedb.bat for
> Windows.
> >    -
> >    - the script uses the following connection string by default: .sqlline
> >    -d org.apache.ignite.IgniteJdbcThinDriver --color=true --verbose=true
> >    --showWarnings=true --showNestedErrs=true -u jdbc:ignite:
> >    thin://127.0.0.1/
> >

> >    - make up parameters list to adjust Ignite specific part of the
> >    connection string: Ignite IP and port, streaming mode, etc. The full
> list
> >    of supported parameters is here: https://apacheignite-
> >    sql.readme.io/docs/jdbc-driver#jdbc-thin-driver
> >    <https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/jdbc-driver#jdbc-thin-driver

> > —
> > Denis
> >
> > On Oct 5, 2017, at 9:02 AM, Sergey Kozlov <skozlov@gridgain.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dmitriy, Denis
> >
> > We're in progress to add sqlline in upcoming 2.3
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org
> > > wrote:
> > Would be nice to get it in 2.3. This is critical functionality for our
> > users and 2.4 seems too far to give anyone comfort.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Ilya Suntsov <isuntsov@gridgain.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Guys,
> > >
> > > I've created the ticket for 2.4 release:

> in

> > GitHub
> > own

> > > Apache