ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Avoid closing caches on client during cluster restart - determining it's the same cache
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:20:20 GMT
Hello Igniters!

I'm working on IGNITE-2766. We want caches opened on client to survive
cluster restart (all nodes down, then some nodes up). Currently Ignite
compares deploymentId which will not match with new cluster's caches.

But still we want to make sure it's still the same cache in the new
cluster, and not a different one with the same name. One obvious idea is to
look at CacheConfiguration. However I think a frequent scenario for cluster
restart is a minor change of cache configuration (e.g. add or remove
backup), and it will be a pity to lose client caches in this case.

So, what fields in CacheConfiguration should we compare upon to figure out
if it's still the same cache? Name obviously. How does grpName work and
should we compare on them too?

indexedTypes[] make sense because if it's a cache on different types it's
not safe to be used where it was open. cache mode and atomicity mode make
sence since cache should now be handled differently?

Any other fields in CacheConfiguration we should check because it's not
safe to continue in case of mismatch? Some different approach? Suggestions
are kindly welcome

--
Ilya Kasnacheev