ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dop Sun <su...@dopsun.com>
Subject Ignite long term support (LTS) version policy?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:03:50 GMT
Hi,

I’m currently developing an application for my employer, and starting beginning of 2017,
Ignite started at 1.8, and released 1.9 (Feb), 2.0 (Apr), 2.1 (Jul) and recently 2.2 (Sep),
or about 2 - 3 months a version. And I can see good features added to every releases, together
with bug fixes.

For us, we upgraded from 1.8 and then 2.0, and due to several bugs fixed in 2.1 and 2.2, we
have upgraded to 2.2. And the bug fixes, for example IGNITE-6181, would likely pushing us
to upgrade to 2.3 when its ready before our first production release.

My question is:

- will there be a kind of long term support (LTS) version? By LTS, I mean there is a version
will be considered stable, and bug fixes of future several releases would likely back ported
for a certain period of time.

- if not today, any chance this can be considered in future?

Thanks,
Regards,
Dop