ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOR UPDATE support in SELECT clause
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2017 00:21:55 GMT
Vladimir, Alex P.,

In addition to that please review INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, MERGE commands syntax. Are all the
parameters (DIRECT, SORTED, etc.) supported by Ignite and if, yes, then how? I’m doubt that
Ignite fully supports H2 syntax:
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/v2.1/docs/dml

—
Denis

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Vladimir, Igniters,
>
> I’m editing the new version of our SELECT page [1] that initially consisted of the
content fully copied from H2.

> For instance, there we had the following statement that’s not true for Ignite: "If
FOR UPDATE is specified, the tables are locked for writing. When using MVCC, only the selected
rows are locked as in an UPDATE statement. In this case, aggregate, GROUP BY, DISTINCTqueries
or joins are not allowed in this case."

> How do we process FOR UPDATE parameter in Ignite right now? Please do a proof-read of
the page at all confirming the rest data applies for Ignite.