ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:53:34 GMT
Seems I've got what you’re talking about.

I’ve tried to change the root directory (*persistencePath*) and saw that only data/indexes
were placed to it while wal stayed somewhere in my work dir. It works counterintuitive and
causes non productive discussions like we are in arguing about *persistencePath* or *storagePath*.
Neither name fits this behavior.

My suggestion will be the following:
- *persistencePath* refers to the path of all storage files (data/indexes, wal, archive).
If the path is changed *all the files* will be under the new directory unless *setWalPath*
and *setWalArchivePath* are set *explicitly*.
- *setWalPath* overrides the default location of WAL (which is setPersistencePath)
- *setWalArchivePath* overrides the default location of the archive (which is again has to
be setPersistencePath).

If we follow this approach the configuration and behavior becomes vivid. Thoughts?

—
Denis

> On Oct 13, 2017, at 1:21 AM, Ivan Rakov <ivan.glukos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Denis,
>
> Data/index storage and WAL are located under the same root by default.
> However, this is not mandatory: *storagePath* and *walPath* properties can contain both
absolute and relative paths. If paths are absolute, storage and WAL can reside on different
devices, like this: