ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject [Ignite 2.3 release]: Java 9 in compatibility mode
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:33:52 GMT
Igniters,

If to put aside the compilation task [1] on Java 9, nobody can start Ignite even in the compatibility
mode on that version of JDK. That’s the reason [2].

Let’s fix this for 2.3 by expanding the “if” close to - !U.jdkVersion().contains("1.9"))

Any objections?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4615 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4615>
[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/IgnitionEx.java#L186
<https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/IgnitionEx.java#L186>

—
Denis

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Java 9
> Date: October 11, 2017 at 11:41:24 PM PDT
> To: user@ignite.apache.org
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> Neither in compatibility mode? I mean adding some --add-opens options <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/migrate/toc.htm#JSMIG-GUID-2F61F3A9-0979-46A4-8B49-325BA0EE8B66>
to access deprecated/internal apis?

> Almost any any existing Java app works in this way. I've tried that but it seems Ignite
is throwing an exception because the Java version number does not match the expected pattern.

> Any workaround ?
>
> Cheers,
> Paolo
>

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:25 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> There is some work to do to make Ignite running on Java 9:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4615 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4615>
>
> Guess the version will be supported by the end of the year.
>
> —
> Denis
>
>> On Oct 11, 2017, at 2:08 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com <mailto:paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Which the minimal Ignite version that can run on Java 9 ?
>>
>> I'm trying Ignite 1.9 and I'm getting
>>

>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Ignite requires Java 7 or above. Current
Java version is not supported: 9