ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 05:02:22 GMT

> On Oct 1, 2017, at 9:49 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> On Oct 1, 2017, at 4:41 AM, Ivan Rakov <ivan.glukos@gmail.com <mailto:ivan.glukos@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> 1) You're right. I forgot to include the main flag in
>> DataRegionConfiguration - *isPersistenceEnabled*. Persistence will be
>> enabled globally if at least one memory region has this flag set.
>>
>> I’m confused. Why the persistence should be enabled *globally* if the
>> purpose is to have it set for a specific region? If it’s enabled for region
>> A only, I don’t want to have it activated for region B.
>>

> Yes, you are right. By default the persistence will be disabled globally.
> But we should also give users a way to switch the default behavior from
> in-memory only (no-persistence) to persistence.

Sure, that’s how it was discussed initially. Basically, at the API level we should have:

1. DataRegionConfigurations.isPersistenceEnabled - that turns on/off the persistence per region.

2. DataStorageConfiguration.isPersistenceEnabled - that does this globally except for regions
disabled it explicitly via 1.

My confusion is caused by Ivan’s allegation that as soon as the persistence is enabled at
least for one region via 1 the persistence will be globally activated for the rest (as I would
enable it via 2). Ivan did I get your words in a right way?

—
Denis