ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject FOR UPDATE support in SELECT clause
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 21:02:22 GMT
Vladimir, Igniters,

I’m editing the new version of our SELECT page [1] that initially consisted of the content
fully copied from H2.

For instance, there we had the following statement that’s not true for Ignite: "If FOR UPDATE
is specified, the tables are locked for writing. When using MVCC, only the selected rows are
locked as in an UPDATE statement. In this case, aggregate, GROUP BY, DISTINCTqueries or joins
are not allowed in this case."

How do we process FOR UPDATE parameter in Ignite right now? Please do a proof-read of the
page at all confirming the rest data applies for Ignite.

[1] https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/v2.1/docs/select

—
Denis