ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Annoying extra steps for enabling metrics
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 02:12:57 GMT
Igniters,

It was a surprise for me to reveal that even if the default config is used [1] I still will
not see the metrics in Web Console or in a custom app. However, the config was left unchanged
for a while and from the first look encompassed everything we need to start getting metrics.

But, after looking into the issue, it was determined that this bean has to added explicitly:

	<property name="eventStorageSpi">
            <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.eventstorage.memory.MemoryEventStorageSpi"/>
        </property>

So, my question, what do we do next? It’s ridiculous to force setting this parameter. The
NoopEventStorageSpi (default) simply ignores all the events. Why doesn’t it accept them,
send to the subscribers and skips? Then it’s up to a subscriber to decide what to do next.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/config/example-default.xml <https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/config/example-default.xml>

—
Denis