ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Paschenko <alexander.a.pasche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Key-value access to caches created with DDL
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 08:41:21 GMT
Sounds good to me.

– Alex

> Igniters,
>
> Consider a table and cache created this way:
>
> CREATE TABLE `city` (
>   `ID` INT(11),
>   `Name` CHAR(35),
>   `CountryCode` CHAR(3),
>   `District` CHAR(20),
>   `Population` INT(11),
>   PRIMARY KEY (`ID`, `CountryCode`)
> ) WITH "template=partitioned, backups=1, affinityKey=CountryCode";
> Now in addition to SQL I want to process the data from this cache using *key-value* and
*compute affinity* APIs. To do that I need to build a valid key first (like CityKey(cityId,
countryCode) where countryCode is an affinityKey).

> Seems it’s not achievable (or at least usable) because the key type name is defined
by DDL/DML and a bit scary - SQL_PUBLIC_CITY_3f4e9fbf_3464_4598_8394_1307b86dc4e7_KEY.

> Will my case be addressed if we do the following?
>
> - Let a user pass a key type’s name into WITH clause. Assume CityKey was chosen for
this example.

> - DML operations keep using the same BinaryObjectBuilders for the key generation internally
but passing CityKey as a type name instead of the auto-generated one.

> - The end user now can construct a valid key using the same BinaryObjectBuilders or CityKey
object (making sure hashCode and equals are implemented properly) and, for instance, execute
a compute.affinityRun over the City cache.