ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: MVCC configuration
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:29:27 GMT
Yakov,

MVCC for atomic caches makes sense as well - we will be able to read
consistent data set, which is not possible now. As I explained above,
per-cache configuration might not work when we start working on
transactional SQL design.

Moreover, it looks like an overkill for me at the moment. We will need
global flag anyway - this is convenient, as many application will require
all data to be MVCC-protected. So ideal solution would be to have
IgniteConfiguration.mvccEnabled
+ CacheConfiguration.mvccEnabled, but the latter could be skipped in the
first iteration.