ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: MVCC configuration
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:49:09 GMT
Semen,

Consider use case of some audit table where I log user actions over time.
Every actions is a put to ATOMIC cache. User interacts with my application,
and performs the following set of actions:
1. 08:00 MSK -> LOGIN
2. 08:10 MSK -> Update something
3. 08:20 MSK -> LOGUT

If MVCC is there, whenever I query all actions performed by the user, I
would see either {}, {1}, {1, 2} or {1, 2, 3}
Without MVCC I can see weird things, such as {1, 3} or {2}, or whatsoever.

Vladimir.