ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Semyon Boikov <sboi...@apache.org>
Subject MVCC configuration
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:39:24 GMT
Hi all,

Currently I'm working on MVCC feature (IGNITE-3478) and need your opinion
on related configuration options.

1. MVCC will definitely bring some performance overhead, so I think it
should not be enabled by default, I'm going to add special flag on cache
configuration: CacheConfiguration.isMvccEnabled.

2. In current mvcc architecture there should be some node in cluster
assigning versions for tx updates and queries (mvcc coordinator). Mvcc
coordinator is crucial component and it should perform as fast as possible.
It seems we need introduce special 'dedicated mvcc coordinator' node role:
it should not be possible to start cache on such node and it should not
process user's compute jobs. At the same time it should be possible that
any regular server node can become mvcc coordinator: this can be useful
during development (no extra setup for mvcc will be needed), or support
scenario when all dedicated coordinator nodes fail. So we need a way to
make node a 'dedicated mvcc coordinator', we can add special flag on ignite
configuration: IgniteConfiguration.isMvccCoordinator.

What do you think?

Thanks