ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Cherkasov <mcherka...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Warning if no table for BinaryObject
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:23:50 GMT
Hi Dmitry,

The problem is that we don't have strong typing when defining QueryEntriy
and a user can use an arbitrary string id to
define a type, but he should use the same string id to obtain binary object
builder, however, people sometimes confusing this.
So the user can define QueryEntity with value type:
 queryEntity.setValueType("MyCoolName") and
later put to cache the following binary object:
ignite.binary.toBinary(value), but this object won't be indexed, because
ignite.binary.toBinary uses class name as string id while indexing expects
to find "MyCoolName" as id.

There's no bug in ignite about this, but I think the warning can make
users' life easy and
make ignite configuration more friendly to new users.

Thanks,
Mikhail.

--
Thanks,