ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksei Zaitsev <ign...@alexzaitzev.pro>
Subject Ignite Benchmarking Rules
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:25:10 GMT
Hi, Igniters.

Recently I’ve done some research in benchmarks for Ignite, and noticed that we don’t have
any rules for running benchmarks and collecting result from them. Although sometimes we have
tasks, which results need to be measured. I propose to formalize such things as:
 * set of benchmarks,
 * parameters of launching them,
 * way of result collection and interpretation,
 * Ignite cluster configuration.

I don’t think that we need to run benchmarks before every merge into master, but in some
cases it should be mandatory to compare new results with reference values to be sure that
changes do not lead to the performance degradation.

What do you think?