ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persistence per memory policy configuration
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:12:07 GMT
Ivan,

Several questions/concerns:

1. Looking at the new API I can’t grasp how to enable the persistence. First, how can I
enable it globally if there is only one default data region defined. Second, how do I enable
it per data region. Can’t find any related switches in the draft.

2. We cannot renamed anything like you’re suggesting to do for MemoryMetrics and their beans.
We have to deprecate old and introduce new.

3. I think we should merge Memory and Persistence Metrics into DataStorageMetrics for clarity.

—
Denis

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 6:29 AM, Ivan Rakov <ivan.glukos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> I've attached new configuration design draft to the ticket description: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6030
> Please, take a look. Right now is the best time to change name of any property.
>
> And question about metrics: are we going to rename MemoryMetrics and PersistenceMetrics
respectively (along with their MBeans)?
> It's not a problem to implement it at all. The only thing that concerns me is that we
have to keep deprecated old classes in the codebase. Perhaps, MemoryMetrics/PersistenceMetrics
are intuitive enough.