ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dani Traphagen <d...@gridgain.com>
Subject Adding Apache Ignite to Kubernetes Example
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 02:23:28 GMT
Hi Igniters,

What are your thoughts on providing an Apache Ignite example for the Kubernetes
project <https://kubernetes.io/> as shown for some other technologies here:
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/examples?

As a specific one to emulate, Spark
<https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/examples/spark>
has a nice
Readme
<https://github.com/kubernetes/examples/blob/master/staging/spark/spark-gluster/README.md>,
example and guide complete with a video on how to do the setup. The overall
examples directory shown above comes included with every Kubernetes
download.

The idea would be to enhance Apache Ignite's visibility and contributions
by providing this sample with Kubernetes downloads, as we have a compatible
deployment integration. We could offer a simple scale-out example or any
other ideas you think may be helpful.

Please provide your ideas/opinions and if positively received, I am happy
to get started on this endeavor. Also let me know if you'd be interested in
contributing.

Happy coding,
Dani
--