ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Kozlov <skoz...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Shell script to stop Ignite node
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 07:51:58 GMT
Hi

Looks like we're trying reinvent a bicycle.

First we have to admit that current installation procedure is very poor
("unzip and run"). As result we need scripts to manage Apache Ignite
process(es)

We should to move to better integration under *nix system (at least),
namely:

1. Provide a script to *nix for start/stop/restart/reload Apache Ignite as
system service (a deamon). At the beginning we can focus on Ubuntu and
RedHat (CentOS)

2. Provide the start confugration for Apache Ignite where provide
non-spring options like number of Apache Ignite instances, JVM options,
work/log directories etc (at might be ini file)

3. Provide platform-adopted packages (*.pkg, *deb) in the own repository
that will install (upgrade) Apache Ignite in proper directories, for
instance: configuration in /etc/ignite/config, visorcmd in /usr/sbin, start
scripts in /etc/init.d, work directory in /var/lib/ignite, logs in
/var/log/ignite/. It will significally reduce the efforts to install Apache
Ignite for newbies ("just add the reporsitory and run package manager")

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems