ignite-dev mailing list archives

From ALEKSEY KUZNETSOV <alkuznetsov...@gmail.com>
Subject IGNITE-5714 Context switching for pessimistic transactions
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 14:13:21 GMT
Hi, Igntrs!

Currently we have context switching implemented for optimistic transactions
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5712.

So, the next step is to implement it for pessimistic transactions :

The problem with them lies in *IgniteTxAdapter#threadId*. Thread id is
transferred between nodes by GridDistributedTxPrepareRequest when key is
got locked.

When we suspend and resume transaction, thread id is got changed locally,
but not on remote nodes.

After studying the code, it seemed we can eliminate thread id from
transactions completely.

For that reason, i want to start implementing additional tests, that will
cover transaction logic. Tickets would be created for them.
Later on I will provide test scenarious and send you. *Will appreciate any
ideas from you on new tests, thanks!*

It will be the first step. The next one will be refactoring and eliminating
thread id. What do you think ?

--

*Best Regards,*

*Kuznetsov Aleksey*