ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: [IGNITE-5717] improvements of MemoryPolicy default size
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 21:03:29 GMT
Denis,
No doubts you haven't heard about it - AI 2.1 with persistence, when 80% of
RAM is allocated right away, was released several days ago. How do you
think, how many users tried it already?

Guys,
Do you really think allocating 80% of available RAM is a normal thing? Take
your laptop and check how many available RAM you have right now. Do you fit
to remaining 20%? If not, then running AI with persistence with all
defaults will bring your machine down. This is insane. We shold allocate no
more than 1Gb, so that user can play with it without any problems.