ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Urgent Ignite bug fix release
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:55:04 GMT
IGNITE-6128 is not merged yet. I already raised my concerns, please chime
in.

ср, 30 авг. 2017 г. в 21:45, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:

> Have the all pre-release tests passed? If so, let’s kick off the vote.
>
> —
> Denis
>
> > On Aug 30, 2017, at 4:29 AM, Anton Vinogradov <avinogradov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 1) Fixes for:
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6204
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6193
> > merged
> >
> > 2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6003 resolved as
> duplicate
> > to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6182
> >
> > 3) Current list if issues related to release 2.2:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Ignite%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I looked at the code of IGNITE-6182 (memory policy suggestions), and I
> do
> >> not like it. Too complex. My proposal:
> >> 1) Do not take in count JVM heap. First, we do not need whether it will
> be
> >> really used or not. Second, we never checked it in heap-based Ignite
> 1.x,
> >> and never had a single compliant.
> >> 2) We need to sum up all memory policies and *checkpoint buffer size*.
> If
> >> it exceeds 80% of machine's RAM - print a warning

> >> avinogradov@gridgain.com>

> >> checkpointing
> per
> >> false-td20473.html

> ignite-2.1.

> >> gvvinblade@gmail.com

> all

> >> memory

> >> the

> >> cache +

> >> so

> >> size *

> thresholds?

> >> because

> >> policies
> >> will
> >> of

> >> dsetrakyan@apache.org

we suggesting
> >> 8GB? 2
I would

(performance may

8102MB
8102MB
100MB
100MB

256MB
40960MB
10MB
10MB

That must be fixed
> and

issue.

manager of this

Setrakyan <

very clear.

a user should change the
know what value to put
automatically.

Magda <

node process (performance

= suggested value
for {policy_name_1} =
for {policy_name_2} =

Ignite nodes on the host:

custom memory policy is not
the output will miss

be show ONLY if the
the platform should be
on the host memory usage.

Seliverstov Igor <

layout:

process [required=29251MB,

server require: 12853MB

what these numbers are

have an impact on how much
actual values.

one Ignite instance are ran on
memory.

"Dmitriy Setrakyan" <

of WARN messaging coming after the
whole thing out?

9:49 AM, Seliverstov Igor <

on topology change in case the

Seliverstov Igor <

impl:

][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
Not enough
[required=29251MB, available=15942MB].
][disco-event-worker-#29%
Please
and
allocated for each node.
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
Current
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
][disco-event-worker-#29%
Other
12853MB
][disco-event-worker-#29%

GMT+03:00 Sergey Kozlov <

should not forget JVM heap size and

25, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <

would change the message. How about this:

RAM size is larger than total physical memory
change MemoryConfiguration.WhichProperty and
node.

we calculate what the memory size allocated
case we should suggest it.

Aug 25, 2017 at 7:20 AM, Seliverstov Igor <

do you, guys think about next warning?

17:17:04,718][INFO
cache's MemoryPolicy size is configured to 40
17:17:04,718][WARN

Required RAM size is larger than total physical

Check your configuration to avoid swap partition

Use MemoryConfiguration and

Physical memory [required=16397MB,

17:17:04,726][WARN
class loading is enabled (disable it in
consistency reasons)
17:17:04,726][INFO
caches [in 'sysMemPlc' memoryPolicy:
17:17:04,731][INFO
party licenses can be found at:

13:26 GMT+03:00 Yakov Zhdanov <

Agree, let's release new version including tickets

Ivan.

--Yakov