ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IgniteUtils#currentTimeMillis
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 13:15:01 GMT
As Dmitry P mentioned System.currentTimeMillis() is JVM intrinsic.
Moreover, there is a daemon thread that updates the internal value which
will not be needed after the change.

If we remove U.currentTimeMillis() code will become more clear and
consistent. Why we think that we can implement this particular timer better
than JVM developers?

Vladmir, can you please share a benchmark that will show the problems? If
it will then it will be a strong argument to keep the current
implementation.

--Yakov