ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: SQL Getting Started Guide
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:36:40 GMT
Igor, Pavel

On the website[1], I have added SQL, JDBC, ODBC, and Java API examples for DDL,
DML and queries . I could not find DDL examples for .NET and C++ in the
documentation.  Please add the missing code snippets for .NET and C++ APIs
taking SQL syntax from the Java API example.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/features/sql.html

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM, Igor Sapego <isapego@apache.org> wrote:

> Prachi,
>
> Yeah, looks good. I've added creation of "Person" table to documentation,
> so take a look please.
>
> Best Regards,
> Igor
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Prachi Garg <pgarg@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Igor,
> >
> > The getting started guide is missing an example oh how to create a Person
> > table (under ODBC tab).
> > https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/getting-started-sql#
> > section-create-tables
> >
> > I am trying to put one on the website. Does the following look ok?
> >
> > // Create table based on PARTITIONED template with one backup
> > SQLCHAR query[] = "CREATE TABLE Person ( "
> >     "id LONG, name VARCHAR, city_id LONG "
> >     "PRIMARY KEY (id, city_id)) "
> >     "WITH \"backups=1, affinityKey=city_id\"";
> > SQLSMALLINT queryLen = static_cast<SQLSMALLINT>(sizeof(query));
> >
> > SQLRETURN ret = SQLExecDirect(stmt, query, queryLen);
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Igor, thanks a lot. Appreciate this!
> > >
> > > —
> > > Denis