ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resurrect FairAffinityFunction
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 14:07:36 GMT
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:28 AM, ezhuravl <e.zhuravlev.wk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've started working on a https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/IGNITE-5836
> ticket and found that the recently added feature with cacheGroups doing
> pretty much the same that was described in this issue. CacheGroup
> guarantees
> that all caches within a group have same assignments since they share a
> single underlying 'physical' cache.
>

> I think we can return FairAffinityFunction and add information to its
> Javadoc that all caches with same AffinityFunction and NodeFilter should be
> combined in cache group to avoid a problem with inconsistent previous
> assignments.
>
> What do you guys think?

Are you suggesting that we can only reuse the same FairAffinityFunction
across the logical caches within the same group? This would mean that
caches from the different groups cannot participate in JOINs or collocated
compute.

I think I like the idea, however, we need to make sure that we enforce this
restriction, at least at the SQL JOIN level.

Alexey G, Val, would be nice to hear your thoughts on this.