ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Chugunov <sergey.chugu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling memory and persistence metrics
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:53:40 GMT
Denis,

Indeed for default MemoryPolicy user has to create a MemoryPolicy
explicitly.

But I strongly dislike the idea of adding new global setting to
MemoryConfiguration section. This section is already overloaded with a lot
of non-obvious stuff; and adding one more will make it even worse.

The better approach is to have a general message-based mechanism which
would allow user to send a command to the grid to turn on and off
collecting any metrics.
Although it requires more discussion, design and implementation efforts I
believe it is the only reasonable option in long-term.

Thanks,
Sergey.