ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.1 scope
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:54:18 GMT
Cos,

IMO, If we really want to get a valuable feedback from a wider audience then in addition to
the new version the audience has to be given both a high-level and deep documentation, proper
messaging, etc. It will take time to soak in the information and a week might not be enough
in general.

This is why I would not make the voting process longer but rather give the release and all
the materials to our users and look forward to the feedback. Basing on the feedback we can
always release a next version whenever is needed.

—
Denis

> On Jul 10, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>
> That's an interesting statement to make, considering the a PMC is
> legally responsible for the release they are making and voting for.
> What I believe it would achieve is to give a wider group of our users
> a chance to get and install the new version and try some of the most
> prominent features, while giving the feedback. Even if expressed in
> the form of non-binding votes.
> --
>  Take care,
> Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
> 2CAC 8312 4870 D885 8616  6115 220F 6980 1F27 E622
>
> Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
> and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
> might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.
>

> On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
>> Cos,
>>
>> I am not sure what a 7 day vote will accomplish. As we all know, Apache
>> [VOTE] is not about the release quality, but about proper build procedure,
>> release signing, and licensing. I do not see the community needing more
>> time than usual to verify this release.
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Fair enough, I will try to collect more and share with the team.
>>>
>>> And +1 on the proposed release schedule: considering the complexity of the
>>> changes we better have some time to play with the bits. In fact, I'd
>>> suggest
>>> we give it 7 days for the [VOTE] so people have time to play with the bits.
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Cos

>>> 2.0
>>> on

>>> ago. We

>>> branch
>>> for
>>> the

>>> vozerov@gridgain.com>

>>> nobody

>>> out all

>>> creating

CREATE TABLE

>>> in

TABLE
>>> command -

>>> 2.2.

on starting up
>>> grid
bug IGNITE-5363.

<
>>> tledkov@gridgain.com

based solution:

client JDBC driver
>>> will
JDBCv2.
DML) are
>>> implemented
implemented and
>>> ready
scrollable /
>>> writable

>>> 2),
features?

Setrakyan <

make it.

Denis Magda <
>>> dmagda@apache.org

milestones for 2.1
>>> release

5 - June 8

once again to support
should talk to H2 folks to
>>> make it

Pavel Tupitsyn <

to concentrate on peer
>>> deployment

.NET: Delegate
>>> support in

important to me, we can

PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <

worth the research, but you
>>> should

mind. For example, I don't
>>> see

at 1:52 AM, Vyacheslav Daradur <

best way for this future.

only one way (querying and
>>> indexing

compression.

proffit only for long strings or
>>> fields

just to introduce compression for

new page-memory architecture as
>>> applied

GMT+03:00 Dmitriy Setrakyan <

AM, Vyacheslav Daradur <

roadmap looks great!

I vote for introducing an ability (OOTB)

a compressed form.
allow to store more data at the cost of

problems with compression is indexing and

it is compressed?

4:23 GMT+03:00 Denis Magda <
>>> dmagda@apache.org

start a discussion around the scope for 2.1

vision the main direction of our ongoing
>>> efforts
in life a use case of Ignite as a

and HTAP platform. The current use cases

micro services platform, etc.) will be
>>> supported as

frontier.

this in mind, the roadmap needs to include

as well as disk based capabilities, MVCC
>>> support,

and so on so forth. This is for Ignite
>>> as a

Learning will be a great addition to
>>> Ignite

This is why we should keep investing
>>> our

recently released component.

this said, I see the scope for 2.1 release
>>> this

Persistent Store - if the donation is

is to be done in separate discussion. W/o the
can only be used as In-Memory SQL database.

Grid:
& DROP table commands:
JDBC driver: https://issues.apache.org/
based routing of SQL queries:

https://issues.apache.org/jir

https://issues.apache.org/

Grid: https://issues.apache.org/

regression algorithms:
clustering: https://issues.apache.org/

join the thread and share your thoughts,
>>> ideas and

Vyacheslav