ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Replace Cron4J with Quartz for ignite-schedule module.
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 05:26:41 GMT
Hi!

1) Cron4J is very old:
  Latest Cron4j 2.2.5 released: *28-Dec-2011 *
  Latest Quarz 2.3.0 released: *20-Apr-2017*

2) Not very friendly license:
  CronJ4 licensed under GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
  Quartz is freely usable, licensed under the *Apache 2.0* license.

So, if we replace Cron4J  with Quartz we can move *ignite-schedule* module
 from lgpl profile to main distribution.

Any objections?

If no, I will create JIRA issue and implement this change.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov