ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributed scheduling
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 02:57:03 GMT
Hi,

>> Alexey, why do you think it will be useful?

I need to execute some tasks periodically on cluster. I think it is a
common task.
I could aggregate data once a day, I could generate reports and so on...

Nodes can fail, cluster could be restarted. And with new persistence
feature distributed scheduling
 that survives cluster restart could be implemented.

>>A similar topic was raised and discussed some time ago:
>>http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.
com/Tasks-Scheduling-and-Chaining-td14293.html

I read that topic it is a bit different from my point of view.
I'm talking only about periodical or one-time planned jobs on cluster that
will be executed with some guaranties.

But we also can take into account that use-case.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov