ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Discovery SPI & external IP address in AWS
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:12:11 GMT
Yakov,

Nodes that join outside of the network (usually these are clients) need to
know public addresses to connect. To make it work either of these must
happen:

1. Server nodes publish their public addresses in IP finder so that clients
can use them to connect.
2. Client nodes use address resolver to map published internal addresses to
public addresses.

Both will work, but frankly I like option 1 more. First of all, it's just
more intuitive that IP finder contains all possible addresses that can be
used to join. Second of all, option 2 introduces requirement to have
address resolver for server addresses configured on client nodes - this is
not very good from usability standpoint.

-Val