ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kukushkin <alexeykukush...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject IGNITE-4901 (Decrease logging level for DataStremer retry)
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 18:14:35 GMT
Hi,
Presently when DataStreamer is flushing data and cluster topology changes, the DataStreamer
would output an ERROR message to the console and retry flushing the data with the latest topology.
We have this IGNITE-4901 issue asking to decrease logging level since a topology change is
normal and DataStreamer reliably handles it.
In addition to setting the log level to INFO, I suggest we change Ignite to fail to update
the cache only if MAJOR topology version changed (another node joined/left) since minor version
change (registering/unregistering another cache) does not impact updating the cache unless
we delete the cache-in-use but the latter error is handled differently anyway.
Please let me know if anyone has objections or comments. Otherwise I will submit this solution.
Thank you!

Best regards, Alexey