ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL usability issue: unclear exception when a key of a wrong type is used
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 06:46:00 GMT
Denis, good point, I have also seen this confusing error a number of times.

And even if there is a clear description of an error, it is buried deep
into the "caused by".
For example, if I misprint a table name, this is what I get:

class IgniteCheckedException: Failed to parse query: ...
Caused by: CacheException: IgniteSQLException: Failed to parse query: ...
Caused by: IgniteSQLException: Failed to parse query: ...
Caused by: JdbcSQLException: Table "ORGANIZATION1" not found; SQL
statement: ...

Ideally user should see the real problem right away in the top level
exception.

Thoughts?