ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE-1401 Introduce special local node discovery events
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 11:51:16 GMT
Hi Aleksey,

I doubt we need this feature at the moment. Local node join is of no use,
since Ignition.start() is synchronous operation, and once control is
returned to the user, he may consider node joined. If node is dropped from
topology, it will never come back, this is already handled by segmentation
mechanics and EVT_NODE_SEGMENTED event. And for client nodes, which could
disconnect and then reconnect, we already have EVT_CLIENT_NODE_DISCONNECTED
and EVT_CLIENT_NODE_RECONNECTED events.

I'll close the ticket as "Won't Fix".