ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: SqlFields query result does not expose fields metadata.
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 09:35:12 GMT
Result set metadata is exposed to JDBC and ODBC drivers because it is
required by JDBC specification and lot's external applications use it. I do
not see big demand for this feature in native SQL, where user normally
knows the model. Another point is that with changes introduced in recent
versions (DML, DDL, shared schemas), we need brand new native SQL API, as
current IgniteCache.query() cannot conveniently reflect current and planned
Ignite capabilities.

For this reason I do not think we should do proposed change. Instead, we
should add metadata retrieval to new SQL API.

Vladimir.