ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raúl Kripalani <raul....@evosent.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Contribution of Ignite Persistent Store
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 19:18:39 GMT

> Raul, I think everyone got confused on the process. At this point, the code
> has not been merged to master, and is sitting in a separate branch. I would
> recommend that we proceed with the vote. If the vote is declined, then we
> will toss the branch.

Just for the record. I don't want to complicate matters further, but IIRC,
the instant the code starts living in the ASF repo (which it already does),
it forms part of the project's codebase. And that means that the PMC and
the committers are responsible for it.

Hence the vote to accept responsibility on something that the PMC is
already responsible for, is somewhat questionable.

On the other hand, the IP clearance indicates what's being donated is the
tree of a particular commit from an external repo [0]. But it seems that
work was done after that commit in the external branch. Is it possible that
the code that was merged was different than that specific commit? Not sure
if this is relevant, as long as all files have the ASF license grant
header, but now is the time to ensure correct due diligence. Better to
ask...

Cos, or anybody?

[0]
https://github.com/agoncharuk/ignite/commit/1cce2fcc960c5098cc684b6138ed306daf5dd5e4