ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Changing cache name when using Redis protocol
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 06:08:10 GMT
Igniters,
Getting back to the discussion on how to switch between caches when using Redis (and potentially
memcached).# Please note, that this is a problem only with a part of Redis data stuctures
such as currently implemented STRING. For sets and hash tables, set/hash name can be treated
as a cache name -- no problem here.
I have several questions to discuss.1. I think this can be done by introducing RedisConfiguration
where a user can specify a cache name for STRING data.Redis is implemented on top of REST
processing which is configured with ConnectorConfiguration. Is that so wrong then to have
RedisConfiguration/MemcachedConfiguration as a part of it? (Or having a list of configurations
for several protocols to use simultaneously in IgniteConfiguration instead of one -- currently
only one per IgniteConfiguration?)
2. Putting aside memcached etc., I can implement "CONFIG SET parameter value" command of Redis
protocol to set the cache name, so that a user, prior to working with Ignite via Redis, issues
the command and uses the once-specified cache. The question -- is it safe to hold it in GridRestProcessor?
Will all nodes see this cache name setting request and all its processors safely hold it?

Any ideas/advice on how to do it better?

Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5229
Roman