ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 Released
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 00:14:07 GMT
Pavel, excellent blog post! Truly profound with cool source code examples:
https://twitter.com/denismagda/status/862460325211197441

—
Denis

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ignite.NET 2.0 blog post: https://ptupitsyn.github.io/Whats-New-In-Ignite-Net-2.0/ <https://ptupitsyn.github.io/Whats-New-In-Ignite-Net-2.0/>
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org <mailto:ptupitsyn@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Great news!
>
> Thanks Denis, I've done some minor corrections to .NET part of release notes page (IGNITE-4495
does not belong there).

> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:
> The Apache Ignite Community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Ignite 2.0.0.
>
> Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric [1] is a high-performance, integrated and distributed
in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders
of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.

> The Fabric is a collection of independent and well integrated components some of which
are the following:
> - Data Grid
> - SQL Grid
> - Compute Grid
> - Service Grid
> - Machine Learning Grid (NEW!)
>
> This release incorporates tremendous changes that shifted Ignite 2.0 to the next level.
The whole off-heap memory architecture was redesigned from scratch and, going forward, Ignite
can be easily integrated with Flash and SSD drives (stay tuned!). SQL Grid has been enriched
with Data Definition Language support. A completely new component was added to the fabric
- Machine Learning Grid. We provided integrations with RocketMQ and Spring Data, updated Hibernate
integration, introduced a plugin system for .NET and found out how to execute C++ code on
remote node, and many more...