ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Store data from Python in multiple caches using Redis or Memcached client in Apache ignite
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 04:27:13 GMT
Denis, yes, I would like to enable switching caches via "CONFIG SET parameter value".I created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5229 for this, and will discuss it in a separate
thread.
Roman

    On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:45 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi, see below

> On May 15, 2017, at 7:32 AM, rishi007bansod <rishi007bansod@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Examples at following link displays how data is stored in default
> caches(single cache) only in Apache Ignite:
>
> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/redis#python
> <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/redis#python>

According to the docs there is no way to store data in multiple caches for now.

*Roman*, do you have any plans to remove the limitation in the nearest releases?

> https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.8/docs/memcached-support
> <https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.8/docs/memcached-support>

*Val*, is this achievable with Memcached client? I can’t find a hint how to do this.

> I want to store data in multiple caches(with different cache names) in
> Apache Ignite from Python either using redis client or using memcache
> client. How can I do this? Also, are SQL queries supported when we use
> Memcached or redis client for caching data in Ignite from Python.

If you want to use SQL queries from Python then I would suggest connecting to the cluster
with ODBC driver:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/odbc-driver

For instance, this is how it works from PHP and the same can be easily done from Python side:
https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/php-pdo

—
Denis